Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Cleaning House

While I have been having fun testing the new RB67, I have also been quietly cleaning and selling off old gear to pay of the cost of the new RB outfit.  And I have to say, it is a bit painful, or even nostalgic to say the least.

Today I sold my Canon A1, a camera I purchased in college after my AE1 got stolen. It served me well for over 30 years, and can I admit to feeling sad to let it go?  This certainly was a joy to use.  And it made it to some beautiful remote places, including the top of Half Dome in Yosemite NP.


The bottom line is I simply don't use it enough these days.  Once you experience medium format it is very hard to go back to using such a tiny negative!

So tonight I'll pack it up, and send it off to another youthful photographer, ready to explore the joys of analog photography.

Next up... the Crown Graphic 4x5.
(Oh, the pain and agony...)

No comments:

Post a Comment