Saturday, October 6, 2018

Change is Good

Right? Or so they say...

Sometimes we see a bright shiny object that catches our attention, and we test the waters. We think "what if..." and dive in hoping to learn and grow, and enjoy that "bright shiny thing". This camera was one of those "weak" moments.

My last piece of camera gear to suffer the house cleaning process was this really nice 6x9 folder. A Voigtlander Bessa I. Unbelievably clean, and fully functional, this was indeed a great find.


Last year I saw this camera in a thrift store, and my daughter managed to go back and bring it home, as my Christmas present. (yes, she is so sweet!) I took it out and flexed the shutter a bit, shooting 4-5 rolls through it over the next 9 months. Definitely fun to use, and very compact for such a large negative. A bit slow for a traveling camera though. No meter, zone focusing and only a general viewfinder to line up the image.

So I hate to let it go, as it seems almost disrespectful. But comfort comes from knowing that it was sacrificed (upgraded) for another photography tool. A very nice 180mm lens for the RB67 outfit. A perfect portrait lens, which will act as a short telephoto for my landscape work as well.


So the brief journey into the past ends with a new adventure, a new medium format lens, and a new perspective. Time to go shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment