Friday, April 19, 2019

Hiking with the RB67 - Part 3

Nearly 20 pounds, carried up +1,500 feet! Man, am I getting old... Okay, I admit, the Yosemite Falls trail is not for the faint of heart! But the views!!

On the left, North Dome, and on the right, Half Dome
And my beautiful young daughter! 

Glacier Point, Sentinel Dome and Sentinel Rock
(left to right)


This was the first trip with the "long hike" kit. IE - the Kelty Redwing 32 with camera inserts. How did it go? Decent. Not as friendly as I would like, but workable. I purchased two padded inserts, each about 5x5x10 and stuffed them with the RB67 kit and headed out.




The inserts worked well, but the weight was definitely evident. I guess that's why they call the RB67  "The Tank"! And the 5lb tripod didn't help! I can guarantee a carbon fiber will be on my Christmas wish list...

The Kelty worked fine, and is a good fit for me. The weight never got uncomfortable, just made climbing the stair step switch backs a bit tiring. And I will admit, this was my first hike this spring, so I am a bit out of shape.

Any changes? Not really, just better choices as to desired subject and lenses (if really needed) and maybe a thinning out of filters and adapters, lens hoods, etc.

Stay tuned for a few 6x7 Tri-X pics of this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment