Wednesday, February 26, 2020

More Testing - preparing for a busy year!

So, where did January go?  I was hoping to get up to the mountains, only to be thwarted by work and family issues.

But I did manage to acquire two copies of the Sekor non-C 127mm lens for my RB67. Why two copies?  I took a chance on a really cheap copy, that looked to be in great shape, but the seller did not know how to test the lens. We communicated and I took a chance, only to discover the shutter was acting up. So... back to the bay, to find a working shutter. The second copy was rough looking, but the shutter was in good shape, so the dissection began!


After a few nights of cleaning and reassembly, I ended up with a clean and fully functional lens!


Final step? Go out and test in the field. So on a recent sales trip, I took a 2 hour detour to Castle Air Museum in Atwater, CA. Side note: this place is incredible!

Here are a few pics from that day, using TriX @400. Definitely need to go back with more time and film!




This air museum is one of the best I have seen. Almost all the planes are outdoor and easily accessed. And they have a bunch! including the SR71 shown above, and a B36 with H bomb casing, and a B52D along with many others.  $20 admission is a bit steep, but well worth it if you have a good 3-4 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment