Monday, March 9, 2020

Testing the new Pentax 645 Macro 120mm

In an effort to refine my Pentax 645 system, I decided to sell the 150mm (a sweet little lens), since I had the 200mm as well, and fill the void with a 120mm Macro lens. This rounded out my kit with the 45mm, 75mm, 120mm and 200mm lenses. A nice combination!

These are equal to 28mm, 50mm, 80mm, and 135mm in your typical full frame digital.

The lens came in great shape, with clean glass, and only a stiff aperture ring, which a VERY small drop of mineral oil cleared up rather easily.

So I headed out to test the new Macro this last week, on a few wild flowers and fruit blossoms. The results were very encouraging.

Almond Buds 

Peach Blossom

Wild Lupin


I can see this could get addictive! Will be having more fun in the future with this lens!

1 comment: